Friday, September 26, 2008

Reason #1158

Do you want to know reason #1158 why a parent should NOT ignore their child's calls? Because sometimes the little girl has an inquisitive older brother who opens the HUGE bottle of, newly purchased THAT NIGHT, bubble bath to smell it ... and sometimes said inquisitive older brother doesn't always put the top back on.

Yes, last night Ryan and I were talking and somewhat ignoring Miss Paige and her "Mommy! Mommy!!!!" calls ... and when I did turn around, she was sitting on the floor covered in a slimy substance ... to which I went to investigate. Well, as soon as my foot hit the hardwood floor and went slipping and sliding around, I knew what had happened. Yep, I looked in the bathroom and she'd poured out half the bottle (I'm guessing that the bottle was a little under a half gallon) onto the floor, finger painted with it and then fell on her butt and spread it out into the hallway. By the time I had time to put thoughts to words, Riley had stepped in it ... leaving Ryan as the only one who couldn't claim he felt as if he had olive oil between his toes. Thankfully it was bath night anyway.

No comments: